Ski and Snowboard Services from Alpin Haus
OUR TUNING SERVICES:
Get a professional ski/snowboard tune every time with Alpin Haus’ Wintersteiger Mercury precision tuning machine!
TUNE UP: Includes a machine wax and edge sharpen. Should be done at the beginning of every season, and every 5-8 times on the slopes after.
STONE GRIND: For skis with more than just normal wear and tear. Includes a base grind, minor base repairs, waxing and edge sharpening.
PREMIUM TUNE: For those who are performance oriented – This service includes full bottom repairs, a hand wax and a sharpening to the exact specifications you prefer.
MOUNTING: We offer free mounting services when you purchase boots, bindings, and skis from Alpin Haus. Let our experts mount your next skis according to the latest industry standards to ensure you will be safe on the slopes.
ARE OTHER REPAIRS NEEDED? Not finding what you need in the services above? We are a full service ski shop with experienced, expert staff. Bring your skis or snowboard in and we will give you a custom quote!
HOW DO YOU KNOW WHEN YOUR SKIS OR SNOWBOARD NEED A TUNE?
After each day on the mountain you should thoroughly inspect your equipment for wear or damage, things to look out for include:
• Dull, rounded edges, or nicks/burrs in the metal. If your edges are worn, your equipment will continually slip out from under you while making turns. Worn edges make it particularly difficult to ride on firm or icy conditions
• Damage to the base, such as scratches or gouges. Even small scratches can impede glide and lead to additional base damage if not repaired. Deep gouges, which penetrate to the core, or run along the metal edges need to be repaired by a qualified tuning shop
• Dry bases. As you ride, the wax wears from the base due to friction and will leave it with a dry, fuzzy, gray appearance. Applying a fresh coat of wax will improve glide, and conditioning against oxidation. Base wax wears relatively quick, especially on dry snow, and should be applied after every
2 to 4 days of use
2021-2022 Tuning Pricing
Our Ski Shop is outfitted with an automated Wintersteiger Mercury tuning machine, allowing for precision tuning on every pair of skis and snowboard. Our Tuning Passes offer season-long flexibility and value for owners of multiple pairs of skis, families, and groups of friends!
• Basic Tune Pass, $99 + tax (was $120)
— Pack of 3 Basic Tunes; upgrade any single basic tune to a Premier tune for $15
• Premier Tune Pass, $139 + tax (was $169)
— Pack of 3 Premier Tunes
• Premier Tune, $55
— Petex bases
— Custom stone grind with base pattern
— Ceramic disc side edge and base sharping
— Custom wax to temperature
• Basic Tune, $40
— Stone Grind base with pattern
— Edges Sharpened
— Universal ski wax
• Edge/Wax, $25
— Edges sharpened with ceramic disc
— Universal wax
• Wax Only, $15
• Drill Mount (Ski), $80
— Drill and mount bindings
— Binding release test
— Set DIN based on Universal guide
• System Binding (Ski), $50
— Mount binding and set DIN
— Release check
• Snowboard Mount, $50